Monday, January 12, 2015

January 12th 2015

Today we learned about the Field Education program at TSS. Through a series of experiential learning activities we engaged our senses and learned the learning model the school prides itself on. One of the pillars that TSS is founded on is "place-based learning." I think this is a topic that will be of great interest to me throughout this Americorps program. In the afternoon, we selected classes to plan lessons and teach come Wednesday. I chose the topic of The Tragedy Of The Commons. I think this idea is key to understanding the problems facing the commons of our biosphere. If I can learn to teach this class well to my peers, I can share it with students and build their critical thinking skills to defy the common theme in economics which is to act out of self-interest.

Concepts I thought about today:
1. Individual Good vs. Public good
2. Unregulated vs. Regulated land in Jackson (fishing and hunting permits)



No comments:

Post a Comment